Walmart Launched Online Grocery Delivery for VA Beach – Walmart now makes shopping easier for Virginia Beach customers.
Walmart announced that it was expanding its Online Grocery Delivery service to deliver to Virginia Beach’s doorstep, and the Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Portsmouth and Newport News areas.
According to Walmart, here’s how the new system works:
- Order and select pick time: Customers visit walmart .com/grocery or through the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip code and start making their shopping list. At checkout, they choose the time for their order to be shipped. At the time of payment, the customer will pay the shipping fee. There is no money exchanged at the customer’s door.
- Easy to use shopping: When customers make their orders, the search feature at the top of the screen makes it easy to instantly search for the right items they need to add to their basket. Customers can also filter items that meet their specific dietary needs, such as gluten free, paleo and non-dairy products.
- Private grocery buyers fill baskets: Highly trained personal buyers carefully choose fresh produce, meat, and other items that are requested by each customer. All Walmart grocery orders are backed by our guarantee of freshness.
- Shipping: The shipping partner will be asked by the Walmart grocery seller association when the order is ready to be sent, which will then drive directly to the customer’s location for the 1 hour delivery period they choose.
- Offer: Customers can receive their first order for free with the FRESHCAR promo code with a minimum order of $50.
Grocery Online shipping is an extension of Walmart’s roadside pick-up service, which is available at 19 stores in the Virginia Beach metro area. Retailers plan to launch Grocery Delivery Online to 100 metro areas by the end of this year.